Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can anyone help me determine why iCloud changes the calendar time of appointments.

Here's my situation: i use an iphone registered/acquired in spain. the phone is unlocked and now carries a t-mobile card, as i am currently in nyc, but all my calendar appointments have a 6 hour time difference from those entered on my mac and vice versa. there are several threads about this issue, all of which point to the various hardware and software settings (time zone support on or off on the iphone as well as on the app on mac and phone). another user mentioned the setting provided for in the icloud calendar function itself, where the proper time zone can be modified. all to no avail, i stil get my 6 hour time difference.

anyone please?

thanksamillion!

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 3:18 PM

8 replies

Nov 3, 2013 3:47 PM in response to Raynold

does icloud.com have correct time for your events?

Yes - you can delete icloud from the phone ( i take it mac and icloud have correct info.)

While doing that - delete events as well.

Reset all settings - settings - general- reset - reset all settings.

Sign in to icloud and merge.

Should fix it.

No - instructions may be more compex, but idea is the same. Delete bad info. reset settings and merge with correct info.

Nov 4, 2013 10:00 AM in response to fromsouth

Thank you fromsouth, for your interest, but it didn't help.

I have 3 scenarios: Entering an appointment on the mac's calendar, on the phone's, and on iCloud's calendar. If I enter an appointment on the mac, it shows up correctly on iCloud, but is off by 6 hours on my phone's app. If I enter it on the phone's app, it will be off on iCloud and therefore off too on the mac. I've deleted the app (I use WeekCal, but see the same discrepancies on the iCal app) and reset it all new, but the problem prevails. Unlike my earlier assumption that the problem lies with iCloud, I now believe it is in the phone, although wouldn't know where. I see that the iCal app on OS has the ability to adjust for the time zone. When entering the event on the phone, it gets syncronized on the Mac at the phone's time zone, which for some reason appears to be set at my original Spanish setting (GMT+1), even after I reset the time zone to NY. I can manually adjust the calendar time zone setting on my Mac to EST to correct the time for the appointment.

Quite frustrating!

Mar 13, 2014 2:57 PM in response to ehfromiquique

If your time zone on the mac and icloud is correct and appointment time is as well. After deleting events from the phone (when you deleting icloud) before signing back in try to turn off auto in Date in time. Setup time manually, turn auto off and then sign in to icloud. Time on the phone sometimes depends on the signal of the carrier and that should (hopefully) eliminate signal inconsistency after jumping time zones. If not - I have no other ideas, sorry.

Can anyone help me determine why iCloud changes the calendar time of appointments.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.