Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vertical images are fine in iPhoto, but don't display properly in aperture.

Hello everyone, i have an old project around 1000 pictures and all the images show properly in iPhoto. I have a shared library with aperture and when i open that project in aperture , all the vertical images seems to be destroyed as soon as i double click on them. It looks like an half downloaded jpg. None of the Previsualisation or the full screen display are correct. What's wrong ?

Aperture 3, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 2:59 PM

3 replies

Nov 3, 2013 10:54 PM in response to léonie

I had already tried it and it doesn't work "the selected element has been modified in iphoto and cannot be updated" (L’élément sélectionné a été modifié en externe dans iPhoto et ne peut être mis à jour.)

here are screencaps to show you what it looks like.

So everything is normal in iphoto, then I double click on an image in aperture and this happens, then the thumbnails are destroyed, and then in iphoto it is also destroyed.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

May 17, 2014 7:21 AM in response to Knuweb

Hello.

I have the same problem.

In somme cases (dans certains cas... Pas sûr de la bonne traduction...) , I re-imported the originals but it's not useful :-/

As some of the albums who encouters this problem are shared on Flickr Via iPhoto-Aperture uploader, I've, with some apprehension, tried to correct the problem via iPhoto, but as the refreshing of the thumbmail didn't happens after some minutes, I disconnected fast, being affraid of the possibly to corruption of my Aperture to Flickr publication of more than 20K photos, thinging at the numbers of hours of synchronisation...

Vertical images are fine in iPhoto, but don't display properly in aperture.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.