Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud backup didn't work

I just got a new iphone 5s the other day. I went to set up my new phone from my Icloud back on m old one. When it finished I went ahead and started to play on one of my apps. I noticed that all my progress was gone. On my old phone the game is at a very high level and on my new phone I'm at the very start. What i up with this? how do i get my progress back?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 4:17 PM

1 reply

Nov 3, 2013 5:10 PM in response to tonikinz

Unless you excluded the app from your backup the app data (which normally includes game progress) should be included in the backup and would be restored by restoring the backup to your new phone. If this didn't happen, all you can do is try restoring the backup again. To restore to your iCloud backup, go to Settings>General>Reset, tap Erase All Content and Settings (which erases the phone), then go through the setup screens on the phone and when given the option, choose Restore from iCloud backup and follow the prompts, being sure to choose the backup of your old phone to restore from. Be sure it is connected to wifi and your charger as it is restoring the backup.

icloud backup didn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.