Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the best stylus for ipad with screen protector?

Is there a stylus that actually works with a protected screen on an ipad 2?

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 6:23 PM

4 replies

Nov 26, 2013 6:43 AM in response to jchschem1

The amPen Hybrid Stylus is a great stylus for using with iPad 2 and a protector. It works with both tapping motions, drawing and also writing. The quality is very nice and the end of the tip is soft so it will not leave marks on your iPad or screen protector. I originally got mine to use for work, but always bring it home and use it as well. Very nice stylus!

Product link below:

http://amzn.to/1b5zJo0

Feb 21, 2014 9:51 AM in response to jchschem1

I have an iPad Mini that is only a month old with a screen protector. I bought a Targus stylus and for touching the screen it works only about 80% of the time. For swiping (holding it down and moving it), like for highlighting in my Kindle app, it doesn't work at all. I have a feeling it's because of the screen protector. I'm returning the stylus.

What is the best stylus for ipad with screen protector?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.