Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWeb replacement?

I am looking for a simple web design program that replaces iWeb. Does anyone create simple websites with a mac? Please!

iWeb '08, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 7:41 PM

12 replies

Nov 4, 2013 12:12 AM in response to pastortom3

Did you not bother to look at all the other current posts on the very same topic on this forum before you posted your question? There is a post about 2 down from yours with the title iWeb alternative/replacement and that actually would have answered your question for you.

Have a look at http://www.everwebapp.com and this is an iWeb replacement. Can do most things that iWeb could with cleaner code and you can create drop down menus in the app itself which you could not do with iWeb.

There are lots of other alternatives out there that are also available in the Mac App Store such as RapidWeaver, Sandvox, Freeway Pro 6 and Freeway Express 6, Flux 4 and WebAcappella 4. You can take a look at these.

There is another new app that is coming to the App Store also named Macaw and you can see more details at http://macaw.co.

It always pays to look through the forum first and do a search because your question might just have been answered several times over, which it most certainly has!!

Nov 4, 2013 12:16 AM in response to C F McBlob

I think you'll find that not that many people who post in an iWeb forum will be looking to use something like Dreamweaver - it is unrealistic having come from using an app like iWeb where no html or css knowledge and experience is needed.

If you really don't know that much about iWeb or the alternatives to it and actually know about html and css and use Dreamweaver, then I don't quite understand the reason for your posts?

Nov 4, 2013 11:27 AM in response to pastortom3

Did I actually say anywhere in my post that it was a stupid question? I think not!!

It is just always a good idea to look through the forum first and do a search because your question could have been asked and answered, which yours has and only a few post below too - that is all I am saying that it pays to look before you post.

As for the info - the information is all in my post too - will still be the same that you can check out http://www.everweb.com and http://www.macaw.co and also RapidWeaver, Sandvox, Flux 4, WebAcappella 4, Freeway Pro and Express 6 and Quick n Easy Website Builder. Most of these can be found and purchased on the Mac App Store or you can do a Google search for the websites and download trial versions so you can try before you buy.

There is a lot there to be going on with so check them out.

The answer is still going to be the same whoever posts!

Nov 4, 2013 2:09 PM in response to pastortom3

Ethmoid is one of the most knowledgeable iWeb and web site application users that are here to help other users. If you had looked at some of the other posts or did a simple search of the iWeb forum you would have found many, many topics dedicated to discussing alternative applications for iWeb.

Does anyone create simple websites with a mac?

We don't use Macs to create website but web site development applications that run on Macs.

OT

Nov 5, 2013 6:59 PM in response to Ethmoid

You're absolutely right. I'm not going to post in the iWeb forum any more. The more I read about it, and what little I've used of it, has thoroughly convinced me it's a "purely amateur" application anyway. It really does a lot more harm than good because it allows people to build something (or mess it up really badly) WITHOUT ANY IDEA what they've done.

I figured ten years of web design experience might be of help to some here, but I can see now that I couldn't be more wrong. Apple was wise to discontinue this abomination of an app, and the sooner they close this forum, the better.

iWeb replacement?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.