Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automator Action 'New PDF Contact Sheet' returns a blank page

I'm running into some bugs with Automator again. Seems like with each major OS update, things in Automator gets fixed while other things break.

This time, the New PDF Contact Sheet action seems to have lost its functionality.

To recreate the issue, I created a new workflow that , tion input and feeds them right into the single action (new pdf contact sheet), which outputs them to the desktop as a PDF file.

Every time, the pdf file is just a single blank white page. Am I missing something here?

Why is such a basic thing getting borked?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 7:49 PM

12 replies

Jul 16, 2014 9:46 AM in response to NeedLottaHelp

After saving as an application and running it it seems to work until I try to save it as a PDF. The resulting PDF is blank. The MakePDF app is the culprit. Send a report to Apple via http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html.

You can create the contact sheet manually with Preview. Drag the photos onto the Preview icon to import them in to Preview. Then select View ➙ Contact Sheet menu option.

User uploaded file

Finally save as new PDF file. However, this way the user has no control over the number of columns per page.

Automator Action 'New PDF Contact Sheet' returns a blank page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.