Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete pdf files in iBooks on mac?

Accidently, I added hundreds of pdf files from my dropbox into iBooks.

I manually tried to delete pdf files, and I found that some of them were deleted, but the rest of them haven't been deleted.

I tried and tried, but failed.

I couldn't even open the pdf files at all.

I accessed the "library folder >>> ..... >>> ibooks" and deleted all the files their, but still the "ghost" pdf files are shown in iBooks.

Any idea?

Thanks!!

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 9:14 PM

8 replies

Nov 10, 2013 4:55 PM in response to sean1013

similar problem, I was trying to add two pdf's to iBooks in the hope that I could then synch them to iBooks on my iPad. Somehow the two turned into every pdf on my MBP. The only option I've found is delete (right click) but that option wants to delete from my Mac, not remove from library.

So try right clicking and delete if that's what you want.

Cheers, Gord

Sep 29, 2014 2:49 AM in response to scubaguybc

I've not long worked out how to do basic things on my iMac but have had some coaching on other forums, as it goes this happened to me this morning.

Inadvertently, I managed to get all pdfs into ibooks and faced similar "delete" problem, couldn't drag the files out of ibooks either: Accidentally I found all ibooks info in a library through finder, took a while but right clicking "move to trash" got rid of them but not from pages/documents!

Re-opening ibooks initially showed the pdfs still in place, except after double clicking one a message appeared telling me the file could not be opened, then immediately the remaining books were shuffled and pdfs disappeared - still in documents though, and able to open.

Hope this helps, there may well be an easier way...

May 14, 2015 9:06 AM in response to cantrizzle

Users-library-containers-com.apple.bkagentservice-data-documents-ibooks

This is what I was looking for as I need to move 600 PDFs - OMG!!!

Just need to remember to re-open iBooks and click on one of the 'shadow' files so they'll all disappear.

To get them back into iBooks it's better to drag files onto iBooks icon instead of putting them back into this folder - got double files when I didi that.

How to delete pdf files in iBooks on mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.