Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Worth Upgrading to top 15inch rMBP

Hi,

I am using early 2013 rMBP with core i7, 2.7ghz, 16gb ram, 250 gb SSD. i got it for 2150 pound and i am pretty happy with it.

But later release of new late 2013 mac book pro i was shocked with its pice for those specs 2.3ghz core i7, 16gb ram, 512 ssd for same cost.

with added features , Now here my tought is that is it better to upgrade to new macbook pro or not...?

i am a web developer spend most of the time on Adobe cs6 and slightly on games ....

So can u please give some suggestion in upgrading....

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 9:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 9:06 PM

Chasing the newest technology (with new dollars) when your current technology (paid for) does thejob is a losing game.

Determine if your current system is not working first, then look at other/newer option. My humble opinion.

5 replies

Nov 3, 2013 9:23 PM in response to rohith626

Flash is a hungry animal.

I levae my system plugged in most of the time. It charges to 100%, discharges slowly to 95% then recharges to 100% (save "constant charging"). But I can because do not travel with it as much as you.

I still us it on battery to 40% once a month.

Do NOT run it dead ... lithiumion batteries do not like that.

But, remeber you bought portable for a reason. If you cannot conveniently plug is all of the time while you are on the road, just set aside $10 a month for the new battery you will need at 1000 cycles and only plug in on the road to keep it at or above 30%.

Do not try to limit cycle-usage if it limits your productivity.

Worth Upgrading to top 15inch rMBP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.