Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod-nano-7th-gen-won't-synch-from-itunes-or icloud?

I have a Nano 7th generation. I am beside my self trying to get the music I buy in i tunes onto the Nano 7th gen--my iphone 4S automatically downloads all the music I buy via Wi Fi ( I also have an icloud account that has all my music in it)

But, No matter what I can not get the the music into the Nano. I launch itunes, plug the Nano in, it shows up on the left side of the itunes store screen (sometimes)-- I have never been asked to register it-- and it never shows up with my authorized devices in the My account info section of itunes-- the Laptop I use & the iphone show up-- but I can't figure out how to get the Nano to show up as a recognized, authorized device.

Why does Apple make it impossible to learn how to use the devices they make?

I have all my music on the i phone ( which is really NOT the quaity music player that the Nano is, I would like to listen to it on the Nano).

Is there any way I can move the music from my icloud into the Nano 7th generation? I am completely at a loss, and don't know what to do or who to ask

Please, can someone help me? Music is one of the only things I have in my life, and this is frustrating beyond belief to pay for music I can't listen to.

Thanks for any one s help

Liznofears

7th-gen-ipod-nano-OTHER, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 12:13 AM

2 replies

Nov 6, 2013 12:37 PM in response to liznofears

Hey liznofears,

Connecting the iPod to iTunes and having it show up on the left is the first step. It sounds to me like you want your music to sync automatically whenever you connect your iPod - if so, follow these directions:

1. Connect your iPod to your computer and open iTunes.
  2. Click the button with your device's name, below the Spotlight window.
    User uploaded file
  3. In the main iTunes browser window, select Music.
  4. Select Sync Music. You can select "Include music videos" if you want to sync Music videos to your device.
    User uploaded file
  5. Your device needs to have enough free space to sync the content that you selected from your library.
    Tip: You can use the capacity bar at the bottom of the device settings window to see how much free space is available. The window will update with an estimate as you select content.
    User uploaded file
  6. Click Apply. iTunes will sync the content you selected to your device. The iTunes LCD will show the sync progress and notify you when the sync is complete.
  7. To disconnect your device, find your device in iTunes and click the eject icon. User uploaded file

via: iTunes: Syncing media content to iPod

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1351

Have a good one,

Delgadoh

Nov 23, 2013 4:58 AM in response to liznofears

My issue is similar. I plug in my daughter's new iPod nano (7th gen), and it's recognized and all is good. It has the most up to date software and can accept purchases made on the macbook that I'm synching it with.

The macbook is authorized for my iTunes account and all my previously purchased music is in the iTunes in the cloud.

When I try to download past purchases to the macbook to synch, it works fine. However, once I select those songs/playlists to go onto the iPod, they are coming up with the following error.

User uploaded file

ipod-nano-7th-gen-won't-synch-from-itunes-or icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.