347 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2006 11:32 AM by Guychi
I can't reproduce the behavior you describe.
1. What changes did you make to your Mac before this problem arose? Any new software, widgets, etc.?
2. Are your running any Dock hacks or add-ons? If so, disable them.
3. Tried a different keyboard?
4. Checked for conflicting keyboard shortcuts in System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Keyboard Shortcuts?
5. An errant Startup or Login Item maybe the cause. My "Troubleshooting Startup and Login Items" FAQ can help you pin that down if such an item is causing the problem.
Author: Troubleshooting Mac® OS X
I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.
Subject: Re: TextExpander support
Date: July 22, 2006 9:08:08 PM EDT
Thanks for your feedback. This appears to be a general Mac OS X bug, as we were able to write an application which simply enables key logging for assistive devices yet causes the same problem independently of TextExpander. We reported this bug to Apple (RADAR bug #4544742). We hope they fix it soon, as it certainly diminishes the experience of any application which uses assistive devices key logging.
Thanks for using TextExpander from SmileOnMyMac!
PowerBook Pismo 500 Mac OS X (10.4.5)