Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 4th Gen (iOS ver 6.1.3) wifi cuts in and out. No other devices affected.

It was fine up until a few days ago when I noticed the wifi turning off while asleep (I was missing many notifications). Yesterday I noticed the wifi coming and going under normal use (in the middle of messages, checking weather, looking on Facebook, etc).

I've done the following to no avail:

1. Turned device off and on.
  2. Turned wifi off and on.
  3. Renewed lease.
  4. Forget network and rejoin.
  5. Turn wifi off and on.
  6. Reset network settings.

Nothing is helping and it's frustrating trying to keep in touch with my family (via Facetime and iMessage) when the wifi doesn't stay on long enough to send a short message. My home button doesn't work, so I haven't been able to try and restart that way (holding home and power button simultaniously).

Also, my iPod is the only device in my home that is affected. My laptop, 3DS, and Wii, as well as my roommate's laptop, iPhone, iPad Mini, and PS3 are unaffected. These devices are all usually used at the same time and we've never had an issue before (even when friends bring over their devices).

Any help would be appreciated, as for this thing is the main way I keep in touch with my family (they all live out of town).

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 2:53 AM

2 replies

Nov 4, 2013 5:07 AM in response to JujuKitten

Did you power off and then back on the router?

Have you tried different locations since maybe interference is causing the problem.

Does it happen when connected to other networks?

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Nov 4, 2013 6:49 PM in response to lllaass

We reset the router last night and didn't help. It's the only network I've had access to is the one that won't connect.

I reset all settings (since that's the only reset I haven't done outside of a full restore) and it seemed to work at first, the cut out and came back on. It keeps coming and going like it has been.

It doesn't matter where I am in relation to the router. I'm currently right next to it, sometimes I'm in my room. The result is the same.

About to try a full restore. Hope I don't haev to go to a Genius Bar. I don't know where one is near me and I can't afford the repairs.

iPod Touch 4th Gen (iOS ver 6.1.3) wifi cuts in and out. No other devices affected.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.