Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot restart failed OSX 10.8 download

So I bought 10.8 on Friday. I was downloading it in a macbook, which went to sleep during process. Fine, I thought. Just open the App Store, select Purchases and resume. Just as it is mentioned in http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4485, Right? Not quite:

User uploaded file

Suggestions?

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 5:45 AM

3 replies

Nov 8, 2013 4:08 AM in response to Raubvogel

Hi

After my Mac Mini (running Mountain Lion) went to sleep part way through the Mavericks download, I have the same problem - i.e. I just have a blank button in the 'Other Purchases' field.

If I start the download from the App Store, it just states the download has failed and to resume via the Purchases screen - AAAAARRRGGHHH!!!!.

Did you find a resolution for this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Nov 8, 2013 4:33 AM in response to johnw-ecm

Ok, I've now got it downloading after following a couple of steps:

1. In the App Store, I 'unhid' my Mavericks purchase via 'StoreMenu'/'View My Account'.
    This re-enabled the 'Download' button in the Purchases screen.
    But, when clicking download the progress never moved on from 'Waiting' so...
  2. I fired up Launchpad and deleting the Mavericks installer (by holding down the Option Key and clicking the 'x')

I then went back to App Store Purchases and hit download again - and it started working!

Cannot restart failed OSX 10.8 download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.