Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new pages update destroys document lay outs is there a fix

I have updated to the newest pages but it destroys the lay out of my files especially the ones with alot of tables (making the tables run through each other) is there a fix anyone knows about?

pages-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 6:20 AM

8 replies

Nov 4, 2013 7:03 AM in response to ewijnen

Sorry, there is none. Pages 5 just can't handle anything more than very basic formatting.

Your old version of Pages should be still in an iWork folder within you Applications folder.

You can use that if you need to get real work done.

Unless you delete Pages 5 or hide it from the system (in a zipped folder, for instance), remember to open your docs with a right-click "Open with... Pages 4.3," since merely opening them in 5 can destroy formatting.

And remember to leave Apple feeback so they know what we need from this product:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/pages.html

And leaving a reveiw on the App Store would help let them know as well.

Mar 23, 2014 1:47 PM in response to enteecee

I opened a 400 page Pages '09 fully formatted book manuscript with LOTS of text boxes, tables, and graphics. It was destroyed by opening it once with Pages 5.0. I deleted 5.0, but the document is still destroyed when I open it with Pages '09. I tried restoring an earlier version of the document with Time Machine. I tried opening a pre-5.0 version from my external hard drive. They all seem to be affected the same way. Shouldn't an old folder on the external hard drive have an unadulterated version I can restore?

Mar 23, 2014 2:36 PM in response to fruhulda

If I were to open it again with Pages 5.0, could I revert the document now to Pages '09?

I have opened the backup files on my external hard drive from months before Pages 5.0 was installed, and I find they are corrupted. Any advice on finding a pristine copy?

Thank you (and I have sent Apple feedback.thanks!).

new pages update destroys document lay outs is there a fix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.