Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

According to Google Apple mail is mixing my 2 Gmail adresses

For bussiness I use an email address with Google apps xxx@company .com.

For my private use I have a Gmail address.

Now I noticed that when I was sending mails from my company adress I received replies to my private Gmail.

Further checking showed that people received the mails from my Gmail account, even though they were sent from my company account.

Both email adresses use for outgoing server smtp.gmail.com

In my webmail they show as sent from my company mail.

Google tells me that my Apple mail programm puts my outgoing mail in the sent items of my company mail, but then synchronises the mail with the Gmail web interface.

Their solution is to use a separate email client for ach email.

Has anybody else had this problem, and solved it in a different way than Google suggests?

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 7:55 AM

16 replies

Nov 4, 2013 9:52 AM in response to yvesleon3105

I am using Mail as my primary and only email app and have 3 separate accounts working independent of each other in Mail. Included in my Mail app is 1 Cox.net account, 1 .mac account including 1 .mac alies, and 1 Gmail account. All are working independent of each other and there is no mixup going on between any of the accounts.

I'm unsure what the Google rep was telling you. Mail 7.0 has other problems associated with Gmail and with Mail 7.0 in general but the problem you described above is not happening with my Mail app. I have Mavericks installed on an iMac and MacBook and neither displays the symptoms you have described above.

Nov 25, 2013 7:12 AM in response to yvesleon3105

Well, here it is 11/25/13 and...

I am still having similar issues as in the original post by yvesleon31. Mine, too, are both with gmail-like accounts. I have a work email account powered by google's gmail in our school district, and then my personal [actual] gmail account. If I create or reply to an email in one account it is sent from the other account, and vice versa -- almost always now.

Here's my difference:

On one computer (work) Apple Mail is only configured to the work email (in Apple Mail 7.0 - Mavericks), and the other computer (home) is onlyconfigured to my home email (also in Apple Mail 7.0 - Mavericks). One computer stays at work and the other stays at home completely different networks. This only started to happen when I upgraded both computers to Mavericks and then the subsequent software upgrades. My user names have similar letters, but not exactly the same and the suffixes are completely different (@ __ __ __ __). And yes, I've done all of the updates to date.

Jan 27, 2014 6:47 PM in response to yvesleon3105

Was this ever resolved, I am having the same problem too. I have two gmail accounts one for work and the other a personal one. In Apply Mail, I only have the work account setup. However, on some occassions it sends from my personal account and then the responses get sent there. It is terribly annoying and I don't understand how it is using the personal account as I have deleted all the references to that.

Mar 28, 2014 1:17 AM in response to yvesleon3105

Tonight, I experienced this same issue with my two gmail accounts. I have a few mail accounts each dedicated to different purposes. It is becoming increasingly annoying as well when we are told we did something wrong or configured blah blah blah when not a single thing has changed in our mail settings since we had the computer. Come on, Apple. Four months since this thread started and still no real solution?

Jun 10, 2014 7:34 AM in response to jimmycms

jimmycms wrote:

Any resolution to this probrlam. I am having the same issue with my Google Apps account and Gmail account. The difference for me is that I deleted my personal Gmail from all machines. I only use the Google Apps email account and I STILL get replies to my personal Gmail. How is this possible?

Likely, you didn't delete the SMTP server for your personal Gmail account.

Go to Mail Preferences, Accounts, and select the Gmail Account.

On the first tab, select Edit SMTP server List from the smtp popup menu.

Delete or edit the personal email smtp settings such that they are for your business account.

Save that and check the box to only use that server for that account.

Jun 10, 2014 9:38 AM in response to Barney-15E

That's true. And I deleted all references to the personal Gmail account on all compputers and iPhone. The Google Apps acount is using smtp.gmail.com as the only outgoing server. No other mail accounts are using it anymore. And despite this, when I send an email from the Google apps account, people are receiving it from my Gmail account. I only know this when they respond to an email I sent and the response is to my Gmail, not my Google apps. Very strange indeed.

According to Google Apple mail is mixing my 2 Gmail adresses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.