Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to stop dropout of airplay with airplay speakers, how to stop dropout of airplay with airplay speakers

I'm using an Airplay speaker and my Time Capsule. I can connect and play for a while then the speaker gets disconnected. I am only about 3 feet from the time capsule so distance is not an issue and I have an Airport Express that works fine. Any idea?

Time capsule-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 12:37 PM

A little more info:

1st Gen Timecapsule (all firmware updates installed)

- iPad (3rd gen)

- MacBook Pro (Maverick)

-MacBook Air (SnowLeopard)

-Wren Airplay speaker

Speaker connects easily and plays for about an hour, then it gets disconnected and I must reconnect to the network.

3 replies

Dec 16, 2013 3:15 PM in response to Krismer

Same here. airplay is nowhere able to play back music steadily and reliably. So far it's been an extremely frustrating process to try to get this crap working for longer than 5 minutes. We have two airplay speakers, we must have been on crack or something to assume that the ****** airplay would be able to handle both at the same time. Now whenever I put music on at home I sit at the computer waiting to reconnect to whichever speaker Airplay decides to cut out next. It's ******** and an embarrassingly ****** product for Apple.

how to stop dropout of airplay with airplay speakers, how to stop dropout of airplay with airplay speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.