Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retina Macbook Pro HDMI Issue 10.9

Hi, After installing MAVERICKS 10.9 I am unable to use my HDTV as a second monitor.

I have tried 2 different HDMI ports and Cables, but still the Screen on macbook pro will flicker when Cable is first plugged in / But nothing shows on TV .

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 7:52 AM

5 replies

Feb 6, 2014 6:25 PM in response to CalleSito

Same here. And none of the items in that troubleshooting even relate to the issue I'm having.

15 inch macbook pro retina.

I plug the HDMI in. The display flickers like it would when it finds a new display; then it shows the display options for the new display, but less than a second later, it flickers back to the original display. A few seconds later, it tries to get the new display again, with the same results. This repeats until I unplug the HDMI cable.

Mar 3, 2014 3:07 PM in response to CalleSito

I have Maverick installed. I am using direct cable from miniDP to HDMI. Somehow I do not understand the logic of its working. I connect it to Sanyo TV. When i connect it first time, it did worked immediately with TV as my extended monitor. But in next 5 mins it switched back to original. In the detect displays, i was unable to find my extended TV monitor. Also I tried different combinations of plugging cable. It did not flicker indicating no display detection.

Below nodes to troubleshoot.

1. TV HDMI port

2. TV Resolution

3. miniDP - HDMI cable

4. MAC mini DP port

5. MAC software

Now I am testing some more things on differnt Hardwares to isolate the issue. Will keep you posted. If you have any suggestion please let me know.

Retina Macbook Pro HDMI Issue 10.9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.