Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get Preview v. 8?

I have installed Maverick (OS 10.9). I have confirmed this by checking with "About this Mac". However, I only have version 7.0 of Preview, but I understand that the latest version of Preview is 8.0. How do I get this? I should add that I have searched for it, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 8:22 AM

5 replies

Nov 4, 2013 9:51 AM in response to andyBall_uk

Maybe I was wrong. I see "Preview 8" as part of the titles of many links, but maybe they are not referring to Apple's Preview. There is a Window 8 version, and I have seen "Preview 8" in several other places (Look for yourself), and I saw "

Apple Releases OS X Mavericks Developer Preview 8

but maybe none of them were saying that the latest version of Preview is "8".

In any event, I won't bother looking for version 8 anymore. I have never been able to use the existing versions, so when I thought that there was a newer version, I thought it would be worth looking into. I was hoping that it would be something that I could use. Now, I'll just forget about Preview and maybe the project that I was told I could do with Preview.

How do I get Preview v. 8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.