Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bought new iPad Air, but it keeps asking for my old Apple ID to complete the synch process

I've just purchased an iPad Air. I had changed my Apple ID some time ago. I've updated my old iPad 2 with the new Apple ID and deleted the old Apple ID from the iCloud function. Now that I'm trying to synch the two, the iPad Air first asks me for my iCloud Sign In and that seems to work with the new Apple ID, but then in the next screen, after the ToCs, it asks me to choose a back up. I choose today's backup. The problem comes in the next screen when it says Enter the Apple ID password for [old Apple ID] to use for store purchases. What do I do? Is there somewhere that I've missed signing off the old Apple ID? Please help. Thank you!

iPad, iOS 7.0.3, Air

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 8:01 AM

Do you have apps on the iPad that were purchased with the old Apple ID? These will always be connected to the Apple ID that was used to purchase them.

To avoid the conflict you can delete those app and repurchase or download them again using the new Apple ID.

5 replies

Nov 4, 2013 8:58 AM in response to Emiana

Well, as it turns out, there's no need to delete your old Apps. Unfortunately, i did that, but accidentally left one or two with the old ID. What happens is that you just Skip the step. It then tells you that some things couldn't be restored. I've now restored it to yesterday's backup and there's not much that's not there - there are some PDF docs missing that I had sent to kindle app and that's annoying. And yes agree that one shouldn't even bother changing Apple ID ever!! What a hassle!

Wish I had know that before.

Thanks all!

Bought new iPad Air, but it keeps asking for my old Apple ID to complete the synch process

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.