Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to charge (or connecting to the pc) iPod shuffle 4 but nothing much happens when connected to the dock, all I get is red flash , can anyone help or advise what this means?

ipod shuffle 4 connecting problem

iPod shuffle, Windows 7

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 8:27 AM

1 reply

Nov 4, 2013 12:51 PM in response to vinayreddykandi

When you say "dock," is that the USB cable it came with? I'm asking, because it just has a headphones plug connector, not a "dock" (like the 2nd gen shuffle).

As a test, shut down (power off) your computer and disconnect all USB devices including hub, except for standard keyboard and mouse, if normally used. Do this to reset the shuffle

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1655

If your computer is a laptop, connect it to its power adapter (so that it's not running on battery power). Start it up, run iTunes, and connect the shuffle using its original USB cable to a direct USB port on the computer.

Trying to charge (or connecting to the pc) iPod shuffle 4 but nothing much happens when connected to the dock, all I get is red flash , can anyone help or advise what this means?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.