Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing Notes from Outlook Using Exchange Active Sync (EAS)

I've read that iOS 7 added the ability to sync Notes between iPhone and Microsoft Outlook over-the-air via Exchange Active Sync (EAS). However, I do not see an option to enable this feature in my iPhone Settings (I've looked many places, including the setting for "Mail,Contacts, Calendars" and for "Notes"), or in iTunes. I thought "Notes" would have been added to the Exchange settings screen, but it's not:

User uploaded file

Can anyone confirm that this feature is now available, and if it is, please help me configure it?

***ANSWERED MY OWN QUESTION, I think***

Well, after searching in vain for quire a while and then writing this post, I thought that I would add the version of Exchange Server that my company is running to this question, before posting it. While attempting to find out how to identify the version of the server, I discoverd that Notes synching is supported on Exchange Server 2010 or later, and my server is only 2007, so I'm pretty sure that's why I still can't synch notes. I'd be interested to know if "Notes" does appear in the Exchange setting screen above for someone who's connecting to Exchange Server 2010.

Since I had already created most of this post, I decided to go ahead and post it for others who may have a similar situation.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 9:20 AM

Yes, it's documented that you can only sync Notes with Exchange 2010.

This is an Exchange 2010 server.

User uploaded file

2 replies

Syncing Notes from Outlook Using Exchange Active Sync (EAS)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.