Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have problem with mounting windows share from 10.7.5

Hello!

I have problem with mounting windows network share from my mac 10.7.5 - it worked but it stopped and nothing helps and nothing in logs.

Here what I get when trying to mount it manually -

mount -t smbfs //10.0.0.7/d /tmp/test

when doing sniffing with tshark - no packet it sent through and I get immediately return from the command:

mount_smbfs: server connection failed: Unknown error: -1

Nothing in /var/log/syslog.log and /var/log/kern.log

The finder does not work either - it throw error that something is wrong (in czech thus I'm not sending the message here)

I just cannot to any network shares

In virtual windows 7 parallels desktop I can connect successfully - but not within the network share (so the win7 is behind macos nat) but only with its own IP address.

The windows server share is on the same network segment connected through switch.

Any advice how to debug and what can be wrong? I spent hours to find solution on google and here but noone with this kind of problem and I do not know how to further debug it since there is no meaningfull log / trace etc.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 9:33 AM

1 reply

I have problem with mounting windows share from 10.7.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.