Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to open logic x files in logic 9?

i have been working on a school project at home. And the problem i have is that the school mac's are currently on Logic 9 and my mac at home is on logic x.

Is there anyway i can transfer my work back to school so im able to work on it in both programs ?

Macbook pro.

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 10:11 AM

3 replies

Nov 4, 2013 10:27 AM in response to barney_X580

Not really.. though I can see why you might initially think that....

The point is.. you can import LP9 projects into LPX so you can use the new features of LPX with your LP9 projects... but the import is one way for obvious reasons as LPX's new features are not available in LP9.. such as Drummer... so an LPX project cannot work using LP9 simply because LP9 doesn't have these new features in it.

There is one way you can use LPX projects in LP9 and that is to export Audio Stems out from LPX and import them into LP9 but of course then everything is exported as Audio only (inc SI tracks) and everything is fixed... (Post plugin) so that may not be practical in many cases.. Its the same method used when moving projects from one DAW to another...

How to open logic x files in logic 9?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.