Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages, numbers, keynote, iPhoto and iMovie not free for my Ipad Air

HI,

I've just bought my new ipad air. why i can't get all those apps for free? it said in the apple website free for all iOs 7 compatible device that have been activated on or after 1 September 2013.

Please kindly advice.

Thanks.

Regards,

tewepunya

Ipad Air wifi + cellular-OTHER, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 1:57 PM

The iWork for iOS apps are free for anyone who has activated an iOS device for the first time since September 1, 2013. If your iOS device is older than that you will have to purchase the apps or a new device.

If your iOS device was activated for the first time after September 1, go to the App Store on your iPad which should open to Featured. If not, tap on Featured at the lower left of the screen & scroll down to Collections & tap on New to the App Store? then scroll down to Apps Made by Apple & tap. You should now see the iWork & iLife apps as "FREE."

User uploaded file

32 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2013 1:57 PM in response to tewepunya

The iWork for iOS apps are free for anyone who has activated an iOS device for the first time since September 1, 2013. If your iOS device is older than that you will have to purchase the apps or a new device.

If your iOS device was activated for the first time after September 1, go to the App Store on your iPad which should open to Featured. If not, tap on Featured at the lower left of the screen & scroll down to Collections & tap on New to the App Store? then scroll down to Apps Made by Apple & tap. You should now see the iWork & iLife apps as "FREE."

User uploaded file

Nov 5, 2013 5:43 PM in response to tewepunya

Hi tewepunya! What I did now was logged out my apple ID out of app store, restarted the iPad, logged in again and went to 'new to app store'->'apps made by apple' and found out that it's not free anymore App store would be charging me to get it when I thought it's free right? Previously it was showing the free button..

Nov 6, 2013 6:32 AM in response to timosg

Hi timosg,

your iOS 7 device is activated on or after 1 Sep 2013 right? because when i first login to the app store, all the apps are not free. only the garage band apps. But because i just bought a new device and activated after 1 sep 2013. so all those apps should be free, then when i first login to the apps store, all the apps are not free but in the morning I check again then all the apps become free. So if your iOS 7 device is activated after 1 sep 2013, then all those apps should be free. Otherwise you need to contact apple support and ask why you can't get all those apps for free for your iOS 7 device that have been activated after 1 Sep 2013.

Thanks.

Nov 17, 2013 5:02 PM in response to Peggy

Peggy,

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by "purchase"? They show up in the app store on my new iPad Air for $9.99, not free. I have loged out and back in but the result has not changed. I have registered my new iPad but no change. When will the apps be free? After I have paid for them will I be reembursed? Will they change to free at purchase confirmation? Was I supposed to recieve redmption codes with my registration? I'm just trying to understand how this is supposed to work.

Nov 30, 2013 1:48 AM in response to tewepunya

I had the same problem, was easily resolved though. I tried to set my new ipad aitr up from a back up, found that it didnt give me the new apps, so did the following

• erase ipad
  • restart ipad
  • set up as new ipad
  • go through the set up process
  • download new apps
  • plug into imac
  • put normal apps etc back on

hey presto ipad air workin great with the free apps installed. I then plugged in our other ipads (wife and kids) and copied over the free apps.

hope this helps?

Dec 25, 2013 5:20 PM in response to ColzerE

This is overkill. I had the same issue when I bought a new device and restored from a previous iPhone. I called support and they simply had me log out of iTunes from the settings>iTunes menu. And then log back in. I restarted the App Store app and all the Apple office and iLife apps were free as they should be.

Try that before rebuilding your phone.

Pages, numbers, keynote, iPhoto and iMovie not free for my Ipad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.