Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad 2 it totally screwed up at the recovery mode of death after trying to update it to IOS 7. Error 27.

I have already open a case with Apple and they’ve already started to ignore me. I sent a lot of information to them and so far I haven’t heard from them. It is really frustrating! Apple should have tested the updated better and shouldn’t allow it to run if they knew it wouldn’t work in some devices.

Output of my lastest log with the latest iTunes installed.

[16:34:26.0988] ==== end of device restore output ====

[16:34:27.0118] AMRAuthInstallDeletePersonalizedBundle

[16:34:27.0178] Restore completed, status:27

[16:34:27.0178] Failure Description:

[16:34:27.0178] Depth:0 Error:AMRestorePerformRestoreModeRestoreWithError failed with error: 27

[16:34:27.0178] Depth:1 Error:The operation couldn’t be completed. (AMRestoreErrorDomain error 27 - Failed to handle message type StatusMsg)

[16:34:27.0178] Depth:2 Error:The operation couldn’t be completed. (AMRestoreErrorDomain error 27 - failed to mount filesystems)

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 10:42 AM

3 replies

Dec 1, 2013 11:21 PM in response to iartur

Same error with Ipad 3 wifi version. Failed during upgrade and now restore compates but validating restore fails with error 27.

Cannot use device at all as it is stucked on recovery mode. Tried anything.

Apple parnter service did simply charged me for trying but did not know what is wrong with the device. The fix = new one.

This is totally a bug in the SW or the upgrade broke the Ipad. Good job Apple. Now we have to get new one.

My iPad 2 it totally screwed up at the recovery mode of death after trying to update it to IOS 7. Error 27.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.