Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screensaver not working since upgrading to Mavericks

As the title says my screensavers doesn't 'kick in' since upgrading to Mavericks at the weekend. I've tried reselecting my chosen photo folder but it still doesn't work. All it does is stay on the desktop screen. Has anyone else had this and know how to fix it?

I'm running an early 2012 (pre retina) MBP 15" with the "classic" style screensaver.

TIA

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 11:25 AM

2 replies

Nov 6, 2013 5:25 AM in response to snerkler1

I think I've finally fixed this problem. I tried changing the delay time, I tried re-choosing the designated folder, and I even tried re-installing Mavericks and none of it solved the issue.

As a last resort I tried deleting the folder I keep my photos in for the screen saver and created a new one and it appears to working fine now (touch wood).

Screensaver not working since upgrading to Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.