Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes for iphone cannot shuffle genres

My Itunes on my iphone longer has an option to shuffle thru the entire song listing in a specific genre. Can it be brought back or is there a way to shuffle thru an entire genre catagory? Also why did itunes decide to put a generic album cover in place of the original cover for a group of songs. Many of my album covers shown in the genres catagory now have a different album cover that does not relate to the album of songs originally listed in that album?

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 11:25 AM

4 replies

Feb 5, 2014 5:51 PM in response to ipawd

Basically I notice my iPhone 5 is saving into genres recent songs played and plays them over and over when I shuffle all music. The iPhone 5 has removed the flexibility of shuffling a chosen genres. I'm a busy business professional and not a teen - certainly I don't have the time to create favorites. The fact that I spent so much to download over 300 albums over the years means I need to get back the flexibility of shuffling genres.

Feb 5, 2014 6:07 PM in response to paulinefromocoee

paulinefromocoee wrote:

The iPhone 5 has removed the flexibility of shuffling a chosen genres.

Looks like it was removed...

Do this...

In the Music app, go to Search and type in name of the Genre you want.

In the Search results, scroll down to Genre, tap the Genre name.

Then tap Shuffle all songs.

Suggestions here -> http://www.apple.com/feedback/

itunes for iphone cannot shuffle genres

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.