Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi in safari does not work?

When i use safari on my 2010 macbook pro it does not load. I connected it to a new wireless router at a friends and safari just stopped loading. It says the webpage is working but it does not load, it has about a tenth of the thing loaded. It has been a few days now, as well 8tracks - a internet based radio app will not load and play music starting this morning! so is there any way i can fix my safari to work? i have deleted everything off safari (no bookmarks, history, etc..), it should work but it will not work in wifi anywhere! sometimes it will load the apple website and occasionally google but thats as far as it gets! anything thta will help this?

MacBook Pro, 2010 model

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 11:43 AM

1 reply

Nov 4, 2013 3:13 PM in response to ssteele18

Typically when you are having issues loading web pages or they load slowly it can indicate that your computer is either not configured properly for the required DNS servers or this setting is missing.

To quickly check your current DNS server settings on your Mac, just do the following:

• Go to System Preferences > Network
  • Select the appropriate network connector (i.e., Wi-Fi, Wireless, Ethernet, etc.) that you MacBook Pro typically uses to gain network access.
  • Click on the Advanced... button.
  • Click on the DNS tab, and then, note the values for the DNS Servers. Are these the ones you expect to get from your ISP? Note: If IP addresses are greyed-out then your computer is getting them from your router's DHCP service. This would be normal.

In the image below I am using OpenDNS for the first two entries. The third entry is a DNS server provided by my ISP.

User uploaded file

wifi in safari does not work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.