Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help importing excel into numbers.

Hi there, I have an Excel logbook to keep track of flying time, trying to move it to Numbers but after importing can not get the cell formula used to spleet night/day time to work. Tried everything but no avail. Here the link to a copy of the spreadsheet for who is wiling to help:

https://www.icloud.com/iw/#numbers/BAJ_eW9dk_3t_vij8LKBYY25Y463JU9v412E/LOGBOOK_ QR

Thank you!

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 12:43 PM

9 replies

Nov 4, 2013 4:29 PM in response to lbrunner

LB,

Changing the Day expression to the following will clear the error and give the proper result:

=IF(AND(TIMEVALUE(F3)≥6÷24,TIMEVALUE(F3)<18÷24,TIMEVALUE(G3)>6÷24,TIMEVALUE(G3)≤ 18÷24),MAX(I3:J3),IF(AND(OR(TIMEVALUE(F3)≥18÷24,TIMEVALUE(F3)<6÷24),OR(TIMEVALUE (G3)>18÷24,TIMEVALUE(G3)≤6÷24)),0,IF(AND(TIMEVALUE(F3)≥6÷24,TIMEVALUE(F3)≤18÷24, OR(TIMEVALUE(G3)≥18÷24,TIMEVALUE(G3)≤6÷24)),18÷24−TIMEVALUE(F3),IF(AND(TIMEVALUE (G3)>6÷24,OR(TIMEVALUE(F3)<6÷24,TIMEVALUE(F3)≥18÷24)),TIMEVALUE(G3)−6÷24,"N/A")) ))

Regards,

Jerry

Nov 4, 2013 10:26 PM in response to Jerrold Green1

Thanks for your help Jerrold! But I tried the Day expression as you posted but no avail, still getting the error... I'm running Numbers 3.0. As I said I get this spreadsheet working like a charm in Excel, but when imported will not work on Numbers and I get the error on columns Day and Night. Basically I'll I need is to enter Takeoff and Landing time, the MEL, IFR, DAY, NIGHT, CROSS CTRY, PIC and TOTAL will be filled automatically with the flight time, don't need the remaining cells. All of them except the DAY and NIGHT cells are easy to manage and are working well once the are the total flight time, now I can not make the DAY and NIGHT formula work on Numbers as they do in Excel.
Regards

Nov 6, 2013 1:02 PM in response to Jerrold Green1

Thanks again Jerrold, the day and night cells are simple to explain but really hard to accomplished, actually was not me the one to come up with that formula. Basically you enter the Takeoff time on F3 and Landing time at G3, the Day cell will show the amount of time flow between 6AM and 6PM while Night row will calculate the Night time flight flown between 6PM and 6AM. That "simple".... Just beyond my knowledge to figure out how to do it.... If you can help simplify it would be great once the formula from a friend of mine is really crazy!!LOL

Regards!

Need help importing excel into numbers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.