Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 music & iTunes problems

So I've had problems with music not showing up on my iPhone for a while now and it's REALLY REALLY irritating.

There are no problems syncing the music from iTunes but the music just doesn't show up on my iPhone. I even have one album, a muse album, that shows up in a playlist and I can listen to it that way, but if I try to find that album under artists/songs/albums it just doesn't show up at all.

This has only started happening since iOS7 was released and none of the updates have fixed it. (my phone and iTunes are both running the latest versions) I've tried restarting my phone, restoring it... you name it, nothing works. I've looked through so many articles on how to "fix" it and nothing seems to work.

I'm running iTunes on windows.

Help please before I throw my phone out the window 😝

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 11:47 AM

6 replies

Nov 7, 2013 10:04 AM in response to Ginga121

I have the same issue it's really annoying, and it will also shows Artists and Albums on my Iphone which look as if they are on the Iphone, but if I go to play a song nothing happens. I only use Playlists like you so it's a little more than annoying to see Songs and Albums showing up not on any of my Playlists, but they are not really there it's almost as if they are just Place Holders. The new IO7 is full of bugs and it's really annoying to have my Library on my Iphone all screwed up. Everything was fine before the IOS Upgrade! I am tired on being Apples Beta Testers!😠

They need to fix this ASAP😠 The latest Patch did absolutely nothing to fix these issues. 😠

Dec 14, 2013 10:34 PM in response to surfs2

I have the same problem also.

When I updated my iPad 2 to IOS7, my entire iTunes library came through OK.

The next day I updated my iPhone 5 to IOS7, and more than half of my entire iTunes library was broken after the IOS7 upgrade, while approximately less than half was OK.

There is a pattern that all of the CDs from my home collection that were loaded into my iTunes library on my iMac.

These CDs are still OK on my iMac (Mac OS Mavericks),

and they are still OK on my iPad2,

but they are corrupted on my iPhone6.

The symptom of corruption is that when I select an album or song to play, the selection quickly scans all tracks on the album and plays none, but shows a red circle with a red square inside, to indicate there is a problem with this track and it is not playable.

I am systematically going through my entire iTunes library on my 64GB iPhone5, and am deleting the tracks that are flagged with the red circle with the red square inside.

After this, I will re-synchronize my iPhone5 to load my entire iTunes library, and see if that corrects the problem.

I have not yet re-synchronized, as I am still finding and deleting bad tracks.

It's a rather large library and there are a lot of albums to examine.

I will update this post when the operation is complete.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if yes, were they able to fix it, and if yes, what was the fix?

Thanks

Jim Taylor

Winniepg

Apr 23, 2014 5:37 AM in response to Ginga121

I recently upgraded from my iPhone 4S to the 5c. I ordered online and restored the new phone with my most recent 4s backup from iTunes as instructed. Like all of you, half my music is not available. In iTunes if I look at "what's on this device" it shows as being there but if I go to play it, it's not there. I'm so frustrated!! Thinking of taking it to the apple store this weekend because I feel I've wasted my money. In the meantime, I'm using my old phone for my music which is a giant pain. Weird because both had the exact same backup on them with the most recent update. But the 4s shows the music and the brand new 5c phone doesn't. Help!!

Apr 23, 2014 6:23 AM in response to Ginga121

Just a quick info: I had this problem aswell. music was on the phone but wouldn't show up in smart playlists. the trick was easy: I had to add another rule in the playlists-editor. add the rule "playlist is" and point it to "music". somehow the behavior of smart playlists changed - probably with ios7. try it. it worked for me.

iPhone 5 music & iTunes problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.