Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes won't sync music to my iPhone5!!

I just updated to OSX Mavericks and I have the latest update for iTunes, but when i sync my phone to my macbook pro and try to put my music on it, nothing happens. When it gets to part 4 or 5 (whichever one is the part where the music get's sync'd) it just skips over it and finishes. I have been stuck for so long, I have tried looking at support sites etc... but nothing is working. I tried downloading songs from itunes, and from the internet and nothing will sync. Advice would be greatly appreciated!! i am so frustrated, i have tried syncing over wifi and thru the cord but it doesn't make a difference. it's like this happened out of nowhere. thanks in advance!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 12:17 PM

51 replies

Nov 4, 2013 12:32 PM in response to ShayneM21

Ok, I donthave too much experiance with maverics, but let me think for a moment... Ok, so you may want to try deleting itunes, don't worrie, your iTunes Library and all purchases will still be there, then reinstall it. If that does not work, you might want to try reseting the iPhone. So first do a simple power down, then back on, if that fails, follow these steps.

A. Hard Reset

1. Hold down both the power button and home button at the same time for 10 seconds or untill the screen goes blank. Power back on and try.

B. Auto Reset

1. on your iphone, go to settings>General>Reset then click reset.

2. Wait for it to turn back on.

C. iTunes reset and care

1.Plug your iPhone into your mac, now do the hard reset.

2. Holding power and home button for 10 seconds or until screen is blank.

3. Once it turns off, let go of the power button and keep holding the home button for 5 seconds or until you see the itunes logo.

4. Let itunes work with it for a bit, soon it will turn back on and hopefully sync.

D. Macbook Power

1.Shut down and restart your macbook.

Nov 4, 2013 1:36 PM in response to ReallyHerobrine

I would NOT delete iTunes; that is a drastic step and it is rarely needed on Mac OS X.

If Mavericks has been "glitchy" in other areas, then I'd start looking for problems there.

First, however, make sure your iPhone is backed up. Is iCloud backup turned on? If not, I recommend turning it on.

Check your hard disk for problems using Disk Utilty (it's part of Mavericks; look in Applications --> Utilities --> Disk Utility). If you find problems, follow the instructions to repair them.

Then repair permissions using Disk Utility.

Now try to sync your phone again by connecting it to your computer via the cable. If it does not sync, report back with exactly what happened. (How far did it go through the sync? What step did it stop at? What did the computer report?)

Nov 11, 2013 8:29 PM in response to ShayneM21

Ok, I figured out!

1. in itunes with the iphone plugged in uncheck the Sync Music Box from itunes

2. on your iphone go to settings/general/usage/music and DELETE all music I know it's scary but trust me it works!

3. power down the iphone

4. unplug iphone from computer

5. power down the computer

6. power up iphone

7. power up computer

8. plug in iphone

9. check Sync Music Box

10. sync

Nov 25, 2013 9:55 AM in response to ShayneM21

OK. With regard to the music (I assume the same applies to apps etc but who knows...). On your iphone go to settings>music scroll to bottom and whereit says 'home sharing' put in your apple id password. then go back to itunes and sync. then go back to your iphone and get rid of all the stuff that went wrong and doubled up and curse apple and vow to get a galaxy phone next time round...

Dec 4, 2013 6:42 PM in response to ShayneM21

Hi guys,

i tried this and it worked for my iphone 5

check pls: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4438526?answerId=21665313022#21665313022

pushc6

''I was experiencing the same problem and tried all sorts of stuff, including items in this thread with no luck, this is what ultimately worked for me.

1. Download iFunBox (or other utility that gives you access to the filesystem)

2. Delete the _iTunes_Control folder

3. Delete everything in the Purchases folder

4. Force a sync in itunes

5. Profit.

So far I haven't seen any weird problems, other than my songs now sync.''

Dec 19, 2013 6:02 PM in response to ShayneM21

I have had the same problem since the big update and tried several solutions. Download this app, etc. I have been messing around with my settings and in the MUSIC app, I chose the MORE... on the far right and there were two music libraries available. One for my iphone and my other music library on my imac. I clicked my imac and it took fives minutes, but after it updated I got a check mark and all of the music that I expected was on my phone. all of it. Good luck.

Itunes won't sync music to my iPhone5!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.