Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Updates" in Mac App Store contains multiple instances of same patch?

I started with a newly opened MacBook Air (mid-2013) with Mountain Lion. I used the Mac App Store to install Mavericks and the few subsequent OS patches. In "Updates", I see multiple instances of the same patch, listed a few times:

MacBook Air SMC Firmware Update v1.9 (3 times)

Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update v4.09 (2 times)

MacBook Air EFI Firmware Update v2.7 (1 time)

iPhoto v9.5 (1 time)

I haven't noticed anything wrong with the system, but it's weird to see a patch "installed" multiple times? Anyone know why this is?

Thanks!

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 12:48 PM

3 replies

Dec 17, 2013 2:36 AM in response to VinhFX

My 10.9.1 Update is listed twice in the Updates panel. I think it happened because the first time I tried to install it, I had a process that prevented the computer from restarting. Even though the update failed, It showed up in the "Updates Installed in the last 30 days" section. When I ran the update again (successfully), it showed up a second time.

"Updates" in Mac App Store contains multiple instances of same patch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.