Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store

I tried to re-download Mountain Lion from the App Store on my Macbook which I purchased with my apple id and got the message "The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store". Is the App Store down or is there a bug with trying to download Mountain Lion currently?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 6:24 PM

It must have been a temporary apple store bug because I was able to download and install it shortly after.

9 replies

May 29, 2014 2:59 PM in response to Will-H

Not to beat a dead horse, but I'm now having the exact same problem. According to the App Store, I was able to get to the Mountain Lion download on Sep 2, 2013.

Whose bright idea was to put OS X downloads on the App Store anyway... Grrrrrrrrr...

Plus the installed seems to delete itself when its done. I thought I kept a copy around for this eventuality, but I guess not.

</gripe>

Did anyone ever get a resolution to this?

May 29, 2014 4:11 PM in response to doug gosciak

If you're having problems with the App Store you might try this:

1 - enable the Debug menu in App Store:

• open the Terminal application.

• copy the command below and paste into the Terminal window:

defaults write com.apple.appstore ShowDebugMenu -bool true

followed by Enter.

• launch App Store, login.

2 - select the Debug ➙ Reset Application option:

User uploaded file

3 - try again.

OT

May 29, 2014 7:29 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks for the reply Mr. Toad!

Unfortunately, it made no difference 😟

Fortunately, for me anyway, I found the copy of the Mountain Lion installer I had squirrelled away for just this kind of contingency.

In any case it would be much better if:

1. The App Store would download the installer and/or
  2. It gave a more informative message.

In any case, it doesn't make Apple/App Store look very good. What do people do who support multiple Macs who can't/won't upgrade to the latest version.

Makes ya wonder...

Thanks again for your reply!

The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.