Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store apps won't download iOS 7

Ever since installing iOS 7 on my iPhone 5, I can't download or install any apps. I get the message "...can't be downloaded at this time." every time I try to install an app. I've tried clearing my Safari history and cookies and turning my phone off then back on again, but still nothing. The only way I can get apps on my iPhone is by downloading them on my iPad mini (also running iOS 7) and it gets transferred to my iPhone automatically.

Help...

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3, Can download apps on iPad mini

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 1:37 PM

12 replies

Nov 4, 2013 2:03 PM in response to LacieLanell

LacieLanell wrote:

Ever since installing iOS 7 on my iPhone 5, I can't download or install any apps. I get the message "...can't be downloaded at this time." every time I try to install an app. I've tried clearing my Safari history and cookies and turning my phone off then back on again, but still nothing. The only way I can get apps on my iPhone is by downloading them on my iPad mini (also running iOS 7) and it gets transferred to my iPhone automatically.

Help...

Is your wi-fi turned on for your iPhone?

Nov 4, 2013 2:05 PM in response to LacieLanell

Have you tried any of this:

- Restart the device. http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1430

- Reset the device. (Same article as above.)

- Reset All Settings (Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings)

- Restore from backup. http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1766 (If you don't have a backup, make one now, then skip to the next step.)

- Restore as new device. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4137
For this step, do not re-download ANYTHING, and do not sign into your Apple ID.

Dec 22, 2013 4:46 AM in response to LacieLanell

I have yet to try restoring the device from back up and hope it will be resolved then. What I do, when I need to get an app and am not near my iPad or computer is, signing out of the appstore then closing it using the multitasking UI and then signing in again. It usuallly makes the appstore work just fine, for a few minutes.

It isn't a solution, but might help when you need to download and an app and have no alternative!

Feb 23, 2014 8:10 PM in response to LacieLanell

I don't normally do this for people but... This was irritating me as well....

It looks like the auto update for apps is causing this..

Turn off your auto updates under SETTINGS -> iTunes & App Store

I ended the AppStore app and the opened it and all the pending apps I had purchased downloaded instantly!

Late reply but hope it helps!!!

-no I didn't check to see of there was an answer already!

Nov 14, 2015 1:49 AM in response to LacieLanell

I see 'download' in iTunes on my mac under appstore tab for ProCam XL2 for ipad

it then starts downloading and then says 'you have already purchased this, if you wish to redownload it go to purchased on your device'

But it wont let me update it or download it within iTunes

However it downloads direct on my ipad from the iOS appstore fine

I also am not allowed to review half the apps i purchased in the appstore either. Which i consider to be due to developers deleting old versions and uploading the new version under a different title, either that or appstore has a Database Problem

In any case, the iTunes appstore section offers updates and download of purchased apps, but clicking on 'get' or 'review' or 'update' just results in a popup saying i already own this and can download it again. but it wont let me download it. Luckily i have the app on a thumbdrive and can reimport it, no thanks to the developer or to Apple. However, further updates are impossible unless i delete the app and then redownload it on iPad, but not from iTunes on mac

To be honest, since iOS9 and El Capitan, myself, and al my Apple using friends and family, are all experiencing the worst plague of bugs that we have ever seen with Apple, and it seems something is terribly wrong with their now googlelike mixed up indecisive multiple access points (eg itunes music + apple music = something like google + and Youtube - totally dislocated decentralised double data, mixing up the database and causing cross referenced bugs) (e.g. developer changes title of name of app, and screws database up misaligning all links which it points to)

App Store apps won't download iOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.