Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Expose, hot corners and an MBP

Curious as to whether this is systemic or specific to my setup -

I use hot corners for Expose and Dashboard, top left and lower left, respectively.

On all my other Macs, cursor in the top left deploys or hides Expose, on my MBP it only deploys; Dashboard opens and closes like it's supposed to.

Any ideas??

Z

G5DP2, G4-DP550, iBook800-Combo, MacBookPro2.0/100GB-7200rpm, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Jul 8, 2006 1:36 PM

5 replies

Jul 9, 2006 8:03 AM in response to Peter K. Grether

As I said before, all settings are identical on 4 Macs, function differs on the MBP.
All my Macs are set with top left - "All Windows", bottom left - "Dashboard" and bottom right - "Start Screen Saver".

On the MBP, running the cursor into the top left corner does NOT hide(shut off) Expose once it's deployed, as it does on the other 3 Macs... sorry if I'm not getting the idea across clearly.

Z

Jul 9, 2006 1:48 PM in response to zac4mac

Early yet, but it looks like this is related to the last system update.

I started from my backup drive (10.4.6) and Expose worked properly. I ran a slew of updates to get it current and Expose still works fine; version of 10.4.7 is 8J2135a. Restarted on main drive and checked - 8J2135. I have run and re-run the combo updater and still have 8J2135 on my main drive. If I can get 8J2135a to load, I expect Expose to work again properly.

Z

Expose, hot corners and an MBP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.