Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am I the only one who finds it upsetting that the Ipod 4th Generation can not upgrade to iOS 7?

I mean literally Ipod 4th Generations are still in style and will be probably for a couple more years. So I feel that since that is true 4th Generations should be compatible with iOS 7. I mean even the first Beta would be okay too. And there's a lot of number between iOS 6.1.3, so can't you at least give us like a iOS 6.5.0? Like just because you came out with something new doesn't mean you can completely forget about a still in style product.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 2:59 PM

2 replies

Nov 4, 2013 3:14 PM in response to Cscience1

It is not because of the A4 chip. The iPhone 4, which also has the A4 chip gets iOS 6.

As Apple said in June, iOS 7 is not compatible with the 4G iPod.

All the iOS devices compatible (iPhone 4 and later, iPad 2 and later, and 5G iPod touch) with iOS 7 have at least 512 MB of memory (RAM). The 4G iPod only has 256 MB

Am I the only one who finds it upsetting that the Ipod 4th Generation can not upgrade to iOS 7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.