Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no backward compatibility on keynote 6.0, where do i find the old version?

All my presentations on 5.x are now messed up (somewhat). Is there a way to get the old version without having to pay for it again?

Is this a way to run a software company!!!???

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 1:41 PM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

The Mac App Store left the old Keynote version in the Applications folder, so open a Finder window, choose Applications in the sidebar and open the old version. You can remove the new Keynote version if you want.

Note that the documents you opened with Keynote 6.0 can't be opened in Keynote 5. To fix this, open Keynote 6 and your document, and go to File menu (on the menu bar) > Export > Keynote '09

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2013 1:41 PM in response to LaurentNYC

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

The Mac App Store left the old Keynote version in the Applications folder, so open a Finder window, choose Applications in the sidebar and open the old version. You can remove the new Keynote version if you want.

Note that the documents you opened with Keynote 6.0 can't be opened in Keynote 5. To fix this, open Keynote 6 and your document, and go to File menu (on the menu bar) > Export > Keynote '09

Nov 4, 2013 1:54 PM in response to mende1

Thanks. This was helpful. I had looked for the old app but now I found it in the iWork09 folder.... The new app was not in that folder...obviously. It is upsetting that the pop up that invites me to upgrade touts the wonderful new app but does not say that it's not backwards compatible.

You said that documents that I "opened" in the new version cant be used by the old version. You meant "created"? You are not saying that if I opened an old keynote in the new version, I can't read it with the old version except if I export it?

Thanks for your help.

L

Nov 4, 2013 1:56 PM in response to LaurentNYC

If you opened a document created in an older Keynote version with Keynote 6, that document gets unreadable by older Keynote versions. To convert one of these documents, open it with Keynote 6 and go to File menu (on the menu bar) > Export > Keynote '09.

Keynote 6 automatically converts documents to a new format to get the new Keynote 6 features. This is the reason why you can't open them with older versions

no backward compatibility on keynote 6.0, where do i find the old version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.