Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 8 on Macbook Pro (early 2011)

Hi,

I want to install Windows 8 on my macbook pro (early 2011) running the new Mavericks 10.9, but im stucked at the formating process when installing windows 8.

So first I go into boot camp and partition my disk as it guides me to. When It has finished and rebooted I'll hold the alt-option to select the windows disc (efi-boot). When I choose the language, typed the activationcode and all that, it wants me to format the partition i made, and thats when I got stucked. When i try to format it, it says:

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, windows can only be installed to GTP disks.

Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."

I downloaded my windows from dreamsparks microsoft, and im pretty sure it is the full version (not the upgrade). The file size is 3.6GB. I don't know if that can tell which version of windows it is.

I don't know what to do about this problem, I need help please!

Thanks

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9), 500GB HDD

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 3:55 PM

There are no replies.

Windows 8 on Macbook Pro (early 2011)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.