Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just updated to Pages 5.0 and I am writing a document that uses both, Spanish and English...I used to use the inspector to change spelling and languages. How do I do that in this new version?

I just updated to Pages 5.0 and I am writing a document that uses both, Spanish and English...I used to use the inspector to change spelling and languages. How do I do that in this new version?...HELP!!!

mac book, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 3:02 PM

9 replies

Nov 4, 2013 5:33 PM in response to jedimaster Master

Pages 5 now purports to automatically detect the language and correct based on what it finds. Unfortunately, this autodetect does not work very well. I tried it on some of my documents and sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. The ability to choose the language yourself, or choose All, was great in Pages 4.3, and has been removed in Pages 5.0 along with many, many other features. I suggest going to Apple feedback and complaining about this new "feature".

I just updated to Pages 5.0 and I am writing a document that uses both, Spanish and English...I used to use the inspector to change spelling and languages. How do I do that in this new version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.