Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble importing mts files with Log and Transfer

I just got a Canon Vixia HF G10 camcorder, which records AVCHD in mts files. I've tried several applications to convert mts to mov in Apple ProRes 422 and I can import the converted files, but when I drag them to the timeline the red bar appears and I need to render them. So I tried doing it with Log and Transfer, but the same thing happened, it forces me to render. It's a big waste of time, any help on this would be much appreciated.

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2013), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 4:58 PM

7 replies

Nov 4, 2013 5:33 PM in response to claudiasalced

Click on one of the clips that you used Log and Transfer to ingest in the FCP Browser. Once it is selected, type Command + 9 to see the item properties for the clip. Either report those item properties here, or take a screen shot of the item properties and post that here.

Next, click anywhere on your problematic timeline and type Command + 0 {zero} to see the sequence settings. Either report those sequence settings here, or take a screen shot and post the screen shot of the sequence settings here.

Rendering is required if the clip settings and sequence settings do not match, among other reasons.

Are you using FCP-7 on the MacBook Air?

MtD

Nov 4, 2013 6:24 PM in response to claudiasalced

It means that FCP will attempt to playback the video as best it can. The video that is displayed in the FCP Canvas is FCP's best attempt - given your hardware's limitations - to play the video in as high quality as it can in as close to real time as possible.

Switching the RT playback setting to Unlimited "unlocks" additional flexibility so that it can playback more hardware intensive video.

When you are done with your video and export the file, FCP will render the exported file at full quality.

MtD

Trouble importing mts files with Log and Transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.