Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the duration of a photo in an iMovie project with the latest update?

Since the latest update of iMovie, I cannot figure out how to change the duration of a photo in a movie project. You used to just double click the photo or set of photos you selected and set duration. There you also had the option to apply the duration for all the stills in the project or just the selected.

The only thing that kind of works is to slide the edge of the photo to lengthen or shorten the duration. However, it is touchy and hard to make exact and you can only do this to one photo at a time.

Please help!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 3:45 PM

7 replies

Nov 6, 2013 3:37 PM in response to jesgramenz

Yippee! I figured it out myself! After thinking it was impossible, and deciding I was going to go back to the older iMovie, I found the way on accident.

Select the photo or photos (shift-click more than one in a row or command-click if you have more than one not next to each other) and then hit "adjust" in upper left corner. Hit the "i" for information and you will see a duration box that you can change. Make sure after you enter the duration, you hit "enter" or "return" to apply it to the selected photos!

How do I change the duration of a photo in an iMovie project with the latest update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.