Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV

Just bought a new Apple TV and hooked it up to my 3-year old LG HDTV, model 37LH20. ITunes content works fine, as well as airplay content. But when I try to play something from Netflix I get the dreaded error message "This content requires HDCP for playback."

I've tried shutting everything down and powering up in various orders, a different HDMI cable, nothing seems to work. I'm confused by the material in the various discussion boards: where's the problem likely to be coming from? the Apple TV? the television? The HDMI cable? router? I would love some advice before trying something like trying a firmware update for the TV.

Thanks.

Apple TV

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 4:56 PM

1 reply

Nov 5, 2013 6:38 PM in response to Irving Cutter

I have tried every solution that I have found in Internet, without success. My last test was to bring my Apple TV to the Mac Store where I have bought it. Then I connected it to the TV where was another (working) Apple TV in exhibition: my device didn't work. So, as conclusion, there is a hardware/software problem in my Apple TV, neither in TV nor in the HDMI cable.

Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.