Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove device from Maps?

I sold my iPad 2 a while back and even though I disconnected it from my iCloud and restored it, it still shows up in the maps app but nowhere else.

No iPad listed under Find my Device on iCloud

User uploaded file

The iPad is displayed in Maps

User uploaded file

Is there any way to remove a device from this list in Maps?

The iPad was also un-registered from my Apple ID and it remained in Maps.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 5:36 PM

14 replies

Nov 9, 2013 7:04 AM in response to rwross1776

Instructions are here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5570?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Essentially, you go to appleid.apple.com, hit "Manage Your Apple ID," sign in, go to passwords and security, then on the right it says "trusted devices". There's a link there called "manage". That allows you to remove an old device.

It took me a while to find this. I hope it helps.

Nov 11, 2013 1:59 PM in response to mhatrey

You're signing out of iCloud on your Mac (System Preferences>iCloud), correct? (As opposed to online at icloud.com) This is where the problem is. Maps is getting it's information from the iCloud account you have on your Mac.

Maybe try signing out and running Onyx to clear some cache files? Reboot, then sign in again on your Mac.

Also, check supportprofile.apple.com and make sure your iPad isn't listed there.

Finally, can you verify that when you sold (or otherwise got rid of) your iPad, you signed out of "Find my iPad" BEFORE resetting to factory defaults (assuming iOS 7)? If not, your device may still be attached to your account as part of Apple's new security features of iOS 7.

Nov 11, 2013 3:43 PM in response to B Bond

Thanks for replying B Bond.

1. Yes Im signing out the iCloud present in System Preferences.

2. Yup my previous iPhone is not listed in the Supportprofile. I have even removed it from the iTunes mange devices. iTune > View > Apple ID > Managed devices.

I haven't tried Onyx. Going to try now and will get back again.

Thanks for helping.

Nov 11, 2013 4:15 PM in response to B Bond

Nope. Did that.

Signed out of iCloud (from mac System Preferences)

Ran OnyX

Rebooted

Signed back in to iCloud.

Launched Maps. It still has it.

To be removed iPhone from the Maps.

User uploaded file

iCloud.com

User uploaded file

Support Profile

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

By the way I still have the access to the iPhone "Dheeraj 's Phone" which I wanted to be removed. The phone has been erased with all the contents and kept switch off.

Not sure, what is tying Maps in OS X with that phone.

Nov 12, 2013 8:18 AM in response to mhatrey

By the way I still have the access to the iPhone "Dheeraj 's Phone" which I wanted to be removed. The phone has been erased with all the contents and kept switch off.

Since you still have access to "Dheeraj's Phone," try turning it on again and signing in with iCloud. Basically, pretend like you will be continuing to use the phone. Login to icloud.com and see if you can see the phone using "Find my iPhone."

Then go through all the steps again that you would do if you wanted to remove the phone from your account. i.e. SIgn out of Find my iPhone, remove from your iCloud.com account, remove from your iTunes account, remove from your Apple Support account, reset all settings to new.

Jan 24, 2014 3:53 AM in response to TrevorCollins56

Ok I found the trick if some people are still in trouble with this.

Apple is apparently holding a database linking devices with accounts.

Even if you sign out from iCloud on your old device, it'll still be bound to your account (mysteriously) until it's associated with another one.

So I just created a dumb account, linked my device I have to send back (and never see again) on iCloud, and tadaa it disappared immediately from the Share list.

Remove device from Maps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.