Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't unlock my iPad HELP ME :(

Hey,

About two weeks ago I stupidly changed my passcode in a hurry and forgot what it was. I've tried and failed various times to remember the passcode. I have tried connecting my iPad to iTunes and doing it that way but it says that it was unable to back up my iPad. I tried putting it into recovery mode, and selecting 'restore and update' but iTunes comes up with a message saying that my 'network connection has timed out'. I've tried this same method on my boyfriends computer with a separate wifi connection to no avail and I'm currently trying again on mine but nothing seems to be working. 😟 Is there any other way I can unlock my iPad? I'm really stuck and would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction, thanks!

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 5:30 PM

4 replies

Nov 4, 2013 5:37 PM in response to rbellamy13

Try DFU mode.

Plug into iTunes

Turn the iPad off.

Hold down the sleep/wake button until the Apple logo appears.

When the Apple logo appears, continue holding the sleep/wake button, but also start holding down the home button.

When the Apple logo dissappears, continue holding the home button, but let go of sleep/wake

Your iPad should register with iTunes. Try to restore again.

Nov 5, 2013 1:04 AM in response to rbellamy13

HEY

I SOLVED MY PROBLEM FINALLY!

To anyone having the same problem as me:

1. Put your iPad into recovery mode

2. Once in iTunes, select restore anad update. Your iTunes will then start to download the software update.

3.Once it has start to download, then unplug your iPad and let iTunes download the software.

4.When it has finished downloading, put your iPad back into recovery mode.

5. Select restore and update iPad and iTunes will just install the software.

Hopefully this is useful to someone, I'm so glad to finally have it back after 2 weeks!

Jan 7, 2014 4:38 PM in response to rbellamy13

Hello. I tried to jailbreak my ipad wothout updating it to the latest 7.0.4 iOS. Obviously, it didn't work, so I was forced to restore it to factory settings and download the latest firmware through iTunes. After downloading 7.0.4, I tried to install it to my iPad. The problem came up when I started to set it up. It asked for the Apple ID and Password "that was used to set up the iPad". I'm not sure what it means since I've changed my Apple ID a several times since I bought my iPad. I tried to input the latest Apple ID I have functioning but to no avail. The bigest thing is, I remember vividly, that I disassociated my former accounts linked to Apple. What can I o to proceed with the set up? Thanks.

Can't unlock my iPad HELP ME :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.