Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have two users on my iMac. I updated mountain lion for one user and suddenly safari only opens with toolbar. I have to 'manually' open windows to use safari. Afraid to update mountain lion for other user as safari works fine for that user. Any fixes

I have two users on my iMac. I updated mountain lion for one user and suddenly safari only opens with toolbar. I now have to 'manually' open windows to use safari. Afraid to update mountain lion for other user as safari works fine for that user. Any fixes?

Thanks

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 5:58 PM

5 replies

Nov 4, 2013 7:06 PM in response to paulwhelan

That's strange, so you're saying that only the top bar, the place where enter a url to open is displayed? Does it happen every time?

Does your wife have any extensions installed in Safari? If so as a first step they should all be disabled.

Then you could try moving the users safari preference file out of there library/

In ML the users library folder is hidden. If you know how to open the users library and get the Safari preference file fine, if not follow these direction

Triple click the following line to select it all

~/Library/Preferences/

• Once selected right click (control click) it to bring up the contexual menu.
  • Select Services->Open from the menu, a Finder window opened to that folder will appear
  • Find the com.apple.Safari.plist file and drag it to the Desktop
  • Now log the user out and then log back in.

Try Safari. Post back if you still have troubles.

I have two users on my iMac. I updated mountain lion for one user and suddenly safari only opens with toolbar. I have to 'manually' open windows to use safari. Afraid to update mountain lion for other user as safari works fine for that user. Any fixes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.