Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Remote App stopped sharing with iTunes 11.2 after app update!

Hello all,

I live and die by my airplay music in my house. Today the Remote app auto updated and suddenly there is no home sharing communication between my phone and iTunes.

I had iTunes 11.1 on my computer, so I assumed it needed to be updated. After doing the update, iTunes no longer sees my Airplay speakers/receiver/airport expresses and it still will not connect to the new remote app on my iphone.

Any suggestions? I've gone through the FAQ and done all the home sharing troubleshooting. I've restarted everything including routers. I turned off homesharing on itunes and on my devices and turned back on, nothing. Nothing helps.

Thank you for any suggestions!

Rob

I run Win 8 on my HP computer and it was all working fine till this app updated.

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 6:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 6:31 AM

Hello NCRobino,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information on this, take a look at:

Remote app for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch can't connect to iTunes or Apple TV

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1741

Update via the AirPort Utility application. Find details on how to update your Airport Base station

Best of luck,

Mario

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2013 6:31 AM in response to NCRobino

Hello NCRobino,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information on this, take a look at:

Remote app for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch can't connect to iTunes or Apple TV

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1741

Update via the AirPort Utility application. Find details on how to update your Airport Base station

Best of luck,

Mario

New Remote App stopped sharing with iTunes 11.2 after app update!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.