Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect to the app store?

This has never happened to me before but recently every time I try to open the app store application on my Macbook pro it displays a message saying that it cannot connect to the store. My internet connection is fine and I have checked all the usual suspects for this problem but I cannot figure it out. This has been very frustrating.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 7:54 PM

10 replies

Jan 21, 2014 6:36 PM in response to CarlAVII

I've had this same issue for over a year now and none of the resolutions provided by the support website help. I've done everything listed in the articles above yet neither the app store nor the itunes store will open. It's VERY frustrating as I recommend Apple products because they are easy and work well. Yet I'm unable to download apps or place purchased music on my Macbook; two items which should be relatively simple. I've noticed that this issue seems to be ignored by Apple as many users have experienced the same problem and the "fixes" do not help most whom encounter it. Apple please hear your users! We are frustrated!

Dec 1, 2014 6:52 AM in response to FAvnusian

Likewise, I told many that these iPads worked great, they were easy to learn, and connected seamlessly to the Internet. Little did I know that Apple has problems with its Apps Store and Itunes!!!!!!!! Nobody seems to know how to fix this, and I have also checked everything on the website answer. What gives here Apple. You are surely not going to keep high market share very long, if you can't get these iPads to work properly!!!!! frustrated new Apple owner.

Mar 22, 2015 8:01 PM in response to ebeezey

I was having similar problems with my ipad. Cannot connect to app store, Safari would open then display 'can not connect' and slide off the screen, I couldn't even view my apple ID... it would come up for about 1 second then slide off the screen. Some of my apps would work or act funny. I found the problem to be my grandson accidentally set the DATE & TIME to the year 1976 !!! So go to Settings, General tab, scroll down to Date & Time and slide Set Automatically, after it gets the correct date & time power down and restart.

Cannot connect to the app store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.