Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DxO Optics Pro - Aperture plug-in?

Hi,

The Apple list of plug-ins includes DXO Optics Pro. I've got a trial version of v9.0 & have it running fine as a image editor. Anyone know how to install it as a plug-in?

Have searched several places & mostly found that it does not work as a plug-in. Also found a plug-in called Catapult that's used to shuffle finles back & forth between Aperture & DxO. Tried dropping the application into Liobrary>Application Support>Aperture>Plug-ins but no luck. Now I can't remove the alias out of the Library folder.

So can it really be used as a plug-in?

Thanks much!

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 7:14 PM

1 reply

Nov 9, 2013 10:52 AM in response to Tradesmith45

Here's a follow up for anyone who finds this thread in the future. I may have answered my own question but since I'm still learning OP9, there may be another feature yet to be discovered. Optics Pro 9 has a new feature, Export to Application, that might be stretched to consider it a plug-in. You don't install it as a plug-in or even select it as an external editor from Aperture- it seems designed to be a stand alone preprocessor for your RAW files.

If you wish to continue using Aperture for DAM, you'd launch OP9 after importing your RAW files into Aperture. The OP9 Organize tab shows the complete folder structure on your storage drive including all the folders w/in the Aperture container. Folder names are the cryptic number system used by Aperture so navigating could be a challenge in a large library. Anyway, this gives you complete access to all your original files so they can be opened in OP9 using its RAW converter for further processing. Several of OP9 tools such as Prime noise reduction can only be applied to the original RAW file. After processing is complete, you Export to Application & choose Aperture. After you've chosen a file format, OP9 will place the file back into the Aperture container as an untitled project & the file will have "_openwith" at the end of the name. Within Aperture, you can then move the file to any project or folder you wish.

This certainly makes round tripping easier but not as convent as say NIK plugins or what the plug-in Catapult apparently does - put the file back into a stack w/ the parent file.

DxO Optics Pro - Aperture plug-in?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.