Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my finder keep closing by itself and then reopen

starting today, my finder window keep on closing by itself and then reopen. It happen like every minute, it is so annoying . I tried to use time machine to roll back to last week, it still had the same problem. Can anyone help. I am using a mac mini

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 12:44 AM

4 replies

Nov 5, 2013 8:41 AM in response to jeconst

Hi I found a solution at the bottom of this long thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3918616?answerId=18322524022#18322524022

Apparently the cause on my system was google drive.

Basically the solution is to change a single Google Drive setting (assuming you are using google drive):

1. at the status bar right click the google drive triangle icon and select preferences

2. de-select: Show file sync status icons and right click menu

And problem was solved

Nov 6, 2013 1:59 AM in response to abuguy

With my finder closing at random times it is still early to say if this really did the trick but for now it sure seems so. I unchecked the suggested line in my Google Drive preferences and just like that my finder stopped closing. It has been already a few minutes with no crash so I assume it is fixed. Most of the time it took under one minute for it to close.

The strange thing is I've had Google Drive installed and I've been using it for months already and still this issue only started yesterday. I do not recall changing anything in my entire system since then, let aside Google Drive.

Anyway, great job sharing this.

my finder keep closing by itself and then reopen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.