Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File transformation.

Key note transoform *.key (v.5.3) after I save it into FOLDER with name *.key after that I can't open my presentation any more.

Does anyone know how to solve that?

Does anyone met same issue?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 1:17 AM

6 replies

Nov 5, 2013 1:46 AM in response to Gna2sin

That's actually Keynote's default file format. In version 4 or 5, they added an option in Preferences to Save as a Package and changed the default to a folder with .key that has been .zipped. (If you take a copy of an old Presentation, add .zip to it and double click it, it'll act just like a .zip file)

However, it's curious that 6 won't open the file. Are you saving it to a flash drive or some other storage?

Nov 5, 2013 2:01 AM in response to Gna2sin

Ok, create a new one slide presentation, save it, and see if it opens. Maybe there was something particularly troubling with the other presentation. This is just a test to see if you can open ANYTHING. The next test would be to create a new user and see if that one can create and reopen .key files. If so, then that would indicate something running under this user is impacting the functionality.

Nov 5, 2013 2:09 AM in response to Kyn Drake

Thx Kyn, some reasons it's been converted. I manage to change folder into file and it start working now. Same time creating test file in 5.3 and open+save procedure in 6.0 pass successful and file remained file.

One hand i'm happy got my file back, other in tention. Once it's happen it repeats for sure and quality of apple software drains from now on for me. 😐

File transformation.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.