Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TOC disappears when exporting to docx

Hi!

I have updated to the latest version of Pages and got a trouble when exporting. I do my school work in Pages and it is mandatory to have a table of contents at the top of each document. On top of that my teachers all use Word so I need to export each document to docx. When I do so my TOC vanishes as if Pages 5 uses a TOC format that isn't supported by Word. The only way I can make it work is to first export it as a Pages '09 document, open it again and export it to a Word document. I get a table of contants that way (but it loses the formatting so it looks like *****, but I guess that is less important) but it's quite annoying to export each file twice.

So... Anyway to fix this or do I have to start using word for my school assignments? I actually believe that is less annoying than exporting twice 😝

Edit: This worked fine in Pages 4.3 and I've done it heaps of times there. It's only a problem in 5, thus I came up with the double exporting solution.

/Robin

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 4:02 AM

1 reply

TOC disappears when exporting to docx

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.